Saturday, March 10, 2012

Frog Pond

{Frog Pond on a Sunny Afternoon}
On Thursday morning my neighbour and  I took advantage of the warm weather and headed out for our long run before work. Normally I try to walk to work but after an especially long or difficult run (or if it is rainy, which is a lot of the time in Halifax) I catch a ride with Jeff. On this particular day, as we drove the short distance to my office, Violet piped up from the back seat "Daddy, can we please listen to the White Stripes and can it be loud?"

Jeff is a huge Whites Stripes fan; I knew her request would tickle him. I did not, however, predict the events to come. As he bent forward to turn on the music I noticed that his eyes were welling up with tears.

"Are you crying Jeffrey?" I asked, not believing what I was seeing. It couldn't be, he must be about to sneeze, I thought to myself.

"I am just so happy she likes the White Stripes," Jeff replied as a single tear ran down his cheek.

My husband cried because our girl likes his favourite band. Kind of funny, but pretty cute in my estimation. That is just the kind of guy he is.

How lucky are we?

Speaking of feeling lucky, today was another unseasonably warm and sunny day. After Violet's skating lesson and my yoga class we picked up my parents and headed out to the Frog Pond. We love it there. This was the first time we'd been since the fall and Violet was able to walk the whole loop herself. It was a perfect way to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon. We had a blast, no one cried (happy or sad tears).


{Violet walked the whole loop herself - more than 1km. Not bad for little legs!}
{Squirrel Sighting Above}

xo

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment