Friday, March 16, 2012

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

{my husband who loves to cook}

On Monday night Jeff made Nigel Slater's Thai Chicken Salad for supper. Carrots, cucs & sprouts came to life with a healthy dose of chillies and fresh citrus. Perhaps the dish would be better suited to lunch time, or maybe a light outdoor supper in the summer. Not fare typically eaten on snowy nights in March, but the heat of the dish certainly kept us warm!

Check it out here (scroll down half the page or so): http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2001/jun/10/foodanddrink.recipes3

{pizza - in almost every form}

Salvatore's make the best pizza in Halifax. Can I say that? There are so many "kinds" of pizza I feel like it is almost unfair comparing them. We love Kit Kat for greasy pizza, the Wooden Monkey for the best topping selection & combinations and Morris East because of its sentimental value (we had our first date there) and the wicked chilli oil, but for Friday Night Fun Night (we actually call it that) overall satisfaction we'll take Salvatore's every time.

Try "The Original", it will change your life (or at least the way you view pizza).

Visit them in the Hydrostone Market: http://www.salvatorespizza.ca/

{sledding, minus (most of) the snow}
Violet wanted to go sledding today. There might have been 5 cm of snow on the hill and that is being generous. After work we trudged (an accurate description, the ground was super muddy where the snow had melted) to a nearby park and hit the slopes. Make that slope (singular) - more of a slight decline really. Despite all this, we had a blast (for a while, then we all got cranky!)

{jane austen & tea}

I love surprises and I love presents so imagine my delight when I arrived home one night this week to find a birthday present waiting for me on my front step. My sweet friend told me to expect something, but I didn't know when it would come or what it would be. As far as choosing the perfect gift, she nailed it. Now I am able to combine two of my great loves: Jane Austen and tea. The quote is from Emma. The mug is from Etsy. What a lovely combination!

What are you grateful for this week?

xo

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment