Saturday, April 21, 2012

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

{birthdays at work}
One of my co-workers celebrated the big 5-0 today, we celebrated early by pausing to eat cupcakes yesterday at work. I made my go to cake in cupcake form -- they looked just as shiny in person as they do in this photo. Kind of weird, but really delicious!

{spring flower squared}

I couldn't resist picking up this bright red begonia, I am a sucker for pink and red and I thought it would look perfect as a centrepiece for brunch this afternoon. I think it is too pretty to put outside where cats might pee on it, but I think I have to get over that if I ever want a garden (which I do, at the precisely the same time I can afford a gardener).

{brunch with my English class girls}


I'll keep this note brief because I am more afraid than ever to made a grammatical mistake... This morning the ladies from my copyediting group came over for brunch to celebrate the end of the semester. Jeff made his famous scrambled eggs and Violet kept us entertained -- I think the mimosas helped.

{my two favourites, playing in the sun -- can you spot Jeff?}

{snacks in the shade after a long ride}
I love our neighbourhood. There is a great park right up the street where Jeff can play tennis and Violet can play. Today they did both in neighbouring courts while I sat in the sun and daydreamed. It was a nice way to spend an afternoon, especially before all the rain we are supposed to get tomorrow.

What are you grateful for this week?

xo

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment