Saturday, April 14, 2012

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Now that a full 24 hours is between me and my "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" (which was a reference to a children's story, I did not intend to alarm anyone, we are all fine here at the Pond household), I am able to say a few things I am grateful for!

I appreciate all of your words of encouragement, it meant a lot.

{great, locally roasted coffee}

Our friends roast coffee in Seaforth, not too far outside the city. It is ah-mazing. I only wish we could get our mitts on it on a more regular basis. I'll have to get more beans when I endeavour to master our cafetiere (hereafter referred to as a stove top espresso maker, it feels disingenuous to repeatedly use a word you have no idea how to pronounce). I got our stove-top espresso maker out of the cupboard, but I was too nervous to try it with Violet in the kitchen. I had a little accident with one when I was living in Calgary and I still feel traumatized! Does anyone make their coffee that way, I'd love advice!


{new flowers each week}
Even though lilies remind me a teeny-tiny bit of death, I am so happy that there seems to be a new flower available every week. Nova Scotia is not known for its Spring, so despite the fact that my lilies (thanks mum!) were likely grown elsewhere, having Springtime blooms around makes it feel like Winter is over. This helps when there is snow on the ground.

{a clean bill of health}
Violet had her three-year old check-up this week and she couldn't be healthier. I don't think about how lucky we are to have a healthy girl often enough; it is so easy to take for granted. Last night she was up a lot in the night with a cough and I feel totally knackered today. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a sick babe. We are definitely feeling blessed in this department.

{stylin}
I couldn't be happier that mixed prints are in style -- this is what J. Crew meant right? Turns out cute + cute + cute does not always equal really cute. We did, however, have a blast at the playground which is the point (I guess...)

xo

Em


No comments:

Post a Comment