Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day

{ducklings at Frog Pond}
Happy May Day! A day to celebrate spring...hmmmmm. It didn't feel very spring like today did it? I wore my winter coat to work and my nose was running when I got there. Not exactly what I envision when I think of spring. Ducklings on the other hand, scream spring. Well, maybe they peep spring, but either way I look forward to seeing these little guys every year.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed I didn't get to see them in their bright yellow glory. I think the chicks you see above are in the awkward late childhood phase characterized by missing teeth and big feet in human littles.

When you look at this picture you may be thinking, what a relaxing way to unwind after work, I wish I went for a walk at Frog Pond today. Fortunately for you this photo doesn't capture the sounds I was listening to at the time it was snapped. These ducklings are cute, but they are probably deaf after the meltdown Violet had. It was all because she couldn't get close enough to feed them the stale rolls we brought. Oh sorry Violet, I didn't think feeding ducklings was worth drowning for.

Meltdowns call to mind nuclear power plants and disasters of epic proportion right? Okay, the analogy is perfect then.

Unlike a nuclear meltdown, Violet's tantrum ended as quickly as it began and we had a peaceful dinner followed by a fierce (but friendly) game of Candyland. I don't get it? I don't know where she gets her feisty personality?

Nope, not a clue...

xo

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment