Monday, May 7, 2012

a little perspective

{"there are so many beautiful yellow flowers!"}
After a night full of puke and a long day spent at a desk, it was refreshing to hear a three year old marvel at the wonders of a field of dandelions. I looked around and saw a lot of weeds (and a lot of potential stains for that matter). Violet looked around and saw a whole field of beautiful yellow flowers, better still, flowers that she was allowed to pick.

Violet immediately thought about her papa and how much he would like some freshly picked dandelions. I think she was probably spot on; my dad would like anything Violet gave him and he is a lover of all things Spring.

It is refreshing seeing things through the eyes of a three year old.

I should qualify that, it is refreshing seeing things through the eyes of a three year old who is behaving. I think Violet spends a fair bit of her time seeing red, the world doesn't need any more of that!

Here's to fresh perspectives and good nights sleeps for all.

xo

Em

{Vi on a mission: operation dandelion}
{for some reason Violet reminds me of Meryl Streep in this photo - do you see it?}



No comments:

Post a Comment