Thursday, May 3, 2012

true love

{you can't beat warm apple crisp}

Apple crisp is the ultimate comfort food. I don't know if it because both my mum and dad made it for us growing up, or if it is the warm spices and the way they infuse the old fashioned oats, whatever the reason, apple crisp is good for the soul. This is precisely why I chose to make it for my friend who just had a baby last week. Who feels like cooking when there is a newborn around to snuggle?

Another great thing about apple crisp is the fact that it can be eaten at any time of the day, just ask my family: Violet had some for breakfast (it was a treat I swear) and Jeff just finished a bowl now. Oh, I obviously had to make two crisps this week. My family couldn't stand smelling the cinnamon and nutmeg baking with apples and not have some themselves.

As I was making the crisp I was thinking about my friend's new baby and how fast my baby is growing up. Tonight Violet asked me, "Mummy, what is true love?" I asked her where she heard about true love and she just shrugged. When I look at her, true love it what I feel.

Is it bad that I feel the same way when I see fresh apple crisp?

xo

Em

ps - future Violet, I was only kidding when I wrote this. Don't be silly, of course I love you a little more than I love apple crisp.

pps - you can find Ina Garten's apple crisp recipe here (I skipped the pears and used more apples): http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/apple-and-pear-crisp-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment