Saturday, January 19, 2013

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose


Better late than never?

Here are a few things warming my heart on these cold January days:


I'm really excited to be working with a local business on a new blog. It is still in the works, but the amazing graphic designer Jill (she designed our Christmas cards) came up with this logo -- isn't it pretty? She is amazing. Emile does not refer to me by the way, although that would be pretty hilarious. As soon as the blog is up and running I'll obviously share it with you -- probably more than you want!


{chocolate from England}
Imagine my delight when I arrived home from work yesterday to find a care package from Jeff's sister that contained chocolate (and other treats) from her recent trip to England. Thanks Auntie Ang! Why is chocolate from England better than the stuff we get here? We have Cadbury, why isn't it the same? I wish I was the type of person who could slowly nibble away at treats kept tucked in the cupboard, but that is just not my style. Jeff is even worse than me! Needless to say we've put a dent in the haul.

{old fashioned grilled cheese}
We spent a good chunk of the day today outside. That happens less frequently than I'd like, but when it does is there anything that tastes better than regular old grilled cheese? Vi had hers with ketchup and pickles. Jeff said that his grandmother always made him grilled cheese; my mum always made mine. So many memories in such a simple little lunch.

We tried kamut bread from Julians for the first time today -- yum. Does anyone eat kamut? Um, it tastes like white bread, but is supposedly really healthy...too good to be true? I almost don't want you to tell me ;)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend friend. I'm off to watch Woody Allen's newest movie (and eat chocolate probably). Oh, and enjoy these links:

this makes me sad, should it?

also unacceptable, am I getting old?

"Good and great causes don't advance without resistance" -- you tell 'em Gopnik

I shemomedjamdo all the time!

so so gross (sorry for putting this in your head)

these are so cute in navy (I wish they came in my size)

I made this tonight -- cafeteria food? maybe, but my family devoured it



No comments:

Post a Comment