Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Miranda



Have you watched the BBC show Miranda? It might be the funniest thing I have ever seen. No joke.

Friends introduced us to the series two Christmases ago and I now associate it with the holidays even though it is totally unrelated. We kind of forgot about it until a few nights ago. Boy am I glad we remembered this little gem. I am marking my final assignments ever this week (hallelujah) and needless to say Jeff has been busy, despite this we made time to watch a few episodes and we have both been in tears laughing.

Miranda is so refreshing. I don't know much about cinematic history (which probably doesn't include tv shows anyway), nor do I know much about different types of comedy, but this show seems to harken back to another era of television. The comedy is physical; "situational" is the way Jeff described it. It is funny without being shocking, offensive or crude (well, it is a little "naughty" at times). Miranda is the opposite of Chelsea Handler, and thank goodness for that!

Just watch it. You'll thank me.

xo

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment