Friday, November 9, 2012

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

{kid logic}
If I can't see you, you can't see me -- right? Violet loves hiding from us these days. She also likes orchestrating the conversation around her hiding. "Mum, say 'where is Violet?, Where is my sweet girl?'" And I do. Game over? No such luck. "Mum, say it again. Say, where is that Violet? Did I leave her at Susie's?" And on it goes...


{turtle necks}
I know it is dorky, but I love me a fresh turtleneck once the weather gets colder. They get a bad wrap, but Audrey, Marilyn and Jackie all wore turtle necks.  Here are a few tips for wearing turtle necks in a non-dorky way (none of which I followed today!)

{Remembrance Day for kiddos}
How do you explain war to little kids? Not a fun conversation, but then again not everything is fun. Violet's amazing teacher did a couple of crafts with the kids this week: a dove for peace and a pretty painted poppy to help us remember. I love how she broached a dark subject and got the kids to think about how lucky we are to live in a peaceful country. It got me thinking too.


Bored? Check out these links:

Something for parents to keep in mind

I knew it!

mustaches aren't the only facial hair on the block this month 

I did not know this, but I bet Mark Harris did!

pretty (but pricey) cake stands 

a perfect Christmas dress -- fit for Betty Draper, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment