Tuesday, August 14, 2012

oh the humanity

{wild blueberry buttermilk muffins}
When I was a kid my mum used to make me homemade muffins for lunch all the time. I thought it was no big deal. In fact, I was envious of the kids with bologna sandwiches and Oreos. I felt a little sorry for myself as I mowed into my lunch that was made with so much love (handwritten message on the napkin included -- I really do have the best mum). Well, today I got my just desserts. Violet prefers Teddy Grahams to my homemade blueberry muffins. Why do I even bother! It was a sad day at our house.

Neither Violet nor I were feeling great today and we were both a little over sensitive (condolences can be sent to Jeffrey -- he has to deal with both of us). In the same way she hurt my feelings by telling me she preferred store bought (or if you are a Maritimer "boughten") cookies to my labour of love, I inadvertently offended her too. After denying her a snack right before suppertime she had the most dramatic temper tantrum I have yet to behold, which culminated with her in sweaty pile on the floor screaming (this is a direct quote), "my whole life has been so hard."

How many minutes until bedtime?

She fell asleep during her only story (she lost the other two "privileges" as a result of various missteps sometime during this sordid day).

I am nodding off as I type.

Humidity and cranky girls -- godspeed Jeffrey!

xo

Em




The recipe for the muffins can be found here: http://www.food.com/recipe/blueberry-buttermilk-muffins-6653 - or just buy some Teddy Grahams.



No comments:

Post a Comment