Sunday, June 24, 2012

the un-weekend


I had to work this weekend.

Violet's cute little mug captures the range of emotions I experienced concerning my predicament (denial, shock,  and anger -- obviously).

Weekends aren't for working. They are for brunching, market-ing and bbq-ing. Trying out a new recipe or going for a hike is about as rigorous as I like getting on my days off. Think? I don't do that on Saturdays nor Sundays. Stay inside? No thanks. Sit at a desk -- grrrrrrooossss.

Needless to say I have already begun the countdown for next weekend (to hell with living in the moment - working weekend moments don't deserve to be savoured). Thankfully next weekend is a long one. I feel like the calendar owes me!

Five days on then three days off everybody! We can do it.

Right..

xo

Em



No comments:

Post a Comment