Sunday, June 17, 2012

date night

{we get to go out, we get to go out}

{picture for the jacket of his first novel?}
Why don't we do this more often?

My parents love having Violet. Violet loves staying with my parents.

Are we crazy? We should definitely do this more often...

My parents invited Violet for a sleepover last night and that meant Jeff and I got to hit the town. By hit the town of course I mean check out our favourite antique store, putter around Chapters and grab burgers at the Brooklyn Warehouse. If you haven't already done so, get yourself down to that restaurant. They get their beef from the farmer's market so you don't have to worry about eating stomach turning pink slime. If I am endorsing the eating of meat, you know it has to be good!

Date nights are the best for remembering: I do look better with more make-up (even though I tell Violet make-up doesn't make you pretty, it makes you sparkle -- I am clearly bending the truth); I do still get butterflies when I see Jeff (especially on date night); and I am so grateful to live in the same city as my parents (in whose care Violet is safer and happier than in our own!).

I read somewhere about a couple who plan to meet each other at a restaurant whenever they go on a date. The idea is that if you get ready separately it reminds you of when you are dating and builds the excitement. Isn't that a good idea idea (although it poses some logistical challenges)? Maybe next time we'll give that a try (hey Jeff -- I call shotgun on our only vehicle!).

xo

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment