Monday, December 17, 2012

Sunday School Christmas Concert



Cute right? Sunday was the Christmas concert at our church. Even the littlest kids got to participate this year. Vi was a star literally and figuratively (total bias recognized). As you can imagine the whole show was about the cutest thing you have ever seen. The little little kids were dressed up as barnyard animals and stars and they were all so well behaved. I spoke with a few dubious mothers before the performance began. It could go either way, seemed to be most people's prediction, but it turned out that any worry was for naught because all the kids stood up and screamed sang Away in a Manger like their little lives depending on it.

Apparently Violet had been telling people that she was going to be performing "Shoo fly don't bother me". I'm not sure where that came from, but I suppose she thought it was as good a song as any for a Christmas concert.

Violet looked so cute (total bias recognized), but I really didn't want to focus on that. After the show I told her that her performance was wonderful and that I was really impressed. I asked if it felt great to be on stage. She paused and looked right in my eyes, I felt something profound coming, my heart was bursting with pride. "Mum, I actually felt really sweaty."

Sweaty.

Not wonderful.

Sweaty.

Merry Christmas to all.

xo

Em


No comments:

Post a Comment