Friday, March 22, 2013

a rose between two thorns

{my girl enjoying the warm(er) weather yesterday}
A rose between two thorns...no I am not talking about myself in relation to my family...

(Thank you for thinking so though, you are so sweet.)

I'm talking about yesterday in relation to the snowstorm on Wednesday and the snowstorm outside my window right now. What gives? On Monday when it was -20 I thought this must be the end of winter. Turns out, I was wrong.

Yesterday afternoon I picked up Violet a little early and we headed to the Dingle park to play. Fifty minutes and 20 frozen toes later we got all of our wiggles out. I love that little park. We were the only ones there, so we called the outing a girl date. Throw the word "girl" in front of something and Violet's enjoyment doubles!

Is anyone else going a little shack wacky in all this inclement weather? All I want to do is stay in bed and watch movies, but instead in an hour I'll be braving the elements with the rest of you on my way to work. (Trying to be grateful for a healthy body that lets me walk to work and a toasty warm office that will welcome me on the other end of my journey. I'm having varying degrees of success with this (depending on whether or not I can see out the window at any given time).)

Be brave out there this morning Haligonians. I stand by my promise that March snow never lasts. I just wish it would never fall.

xoxo

Em





No comments:

Post a Comment