Tuesday, October 23, 2012

only words can express

{it was a no-photo kind of day}

This morning as I was getting ready for work, I poured myself a bowl of cereal just like any other day. I turned around to refill my coffee cup and "pouf" the milk was gone. I looked everywhere, but I could not find the milk. This is impossible, I thought to myself. How can you lose 4 litres of milk. Minutes later (I don't know how long, but an absurd amount of time) I found the milk. It was on top of the fridge. 

And the rest of the day went something like that.

It wasn't a bad day, just an off day.

I should have known not to try something new for dinner, but we have so many vegetables in our crisper and these broccoli and potato nuggets looked so good. I started off well. I prepped all the veggies, I even took pictures of my work in the last of the day's natural light. I was excited to have a nutrious meal to serve my family and a new recipe to share with you. Then I heard Violet.

"Mum, is my tongue orange?"

"No, why? Did you have something special for a snack at Susie's?"

"No..."

Then I saw the ink pad. 

Last weekend I showed Violet how to make different things with her finger prints -- you know, a catterpiller or a snowman. She loved it.

"Violet, did you lick the ink?"

"No, I was just doing a tongue print."

There was orange drool all over her latest work of art.

I scanned the label -- non toxic. Probably not the best before dinner snack nonetheless.

By the time I cleaned up the little and prepped the rest of the meal, my beautiful light was gone. I can't get a decent picture with the lighting in my house -- everything looks orange, not unlike my daughters mouth.

I miss June with its promise of summer and 10:00 sunsets. 

xo

Em








No comments:

Post a Comment