Friday, February 24, 2012

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Tomorrow is Violet's birthday party so stay tuned for posts full of balloons and buttercream icing. For now I thought it would be nice to end the week with another grateful list. If it is all the same to you I thought I might make it a weekly exercise. Surely I can think of four things I am grateful for each week.

{weekly dinners with my parents}
Almost every week we head to my parents house for dinner. Last night it was particularly delicious. We had a roasted chicken from the market. My mother even stuffed it, which always make a meal feel festive. We finished the meal with an encore performance by the baked chocolate pudding. You know you have a hit when your husband begs you to make something again within a week!

{fresh starts in the morning}
I love coffee. Do I even need to explain this one? Even more than coffee I love the fresh start that each morning brings. Evenings with kiddos can be less than relaxing and by the end of the night I am often so tired it is hard to be the best version of myself. Mornings are new beginnings. Coffee helps a lot. Lots and lots of coffee.

{birthday weeks}
Why celebrate for a day when you can celebrate for a week? Violet's Aunt Julia (aka Precious Jules) arrived on Wednesday night and this officially opened birthday week. The fun will continue until next Tuesday. I've braced myself for the sugar highs and the accompanying crashes!

{signs of spring}
I know these tulips are from Holland but it is nice to have signs of spring around our apartment. I have a soft spot for tulips so arriving home to two vases full was a wonderful way to end a long day at work.

What are you grateful for this week?

xo em

No comments:

Post a Comment