Tuesday, February 28, 2012

one, two, three

{Birthday week closing ceremonies}

Today is Violet's third birthday. I know every parent says this, but I really cannot believe she is three. I love the little person Violet is becoming but I miss my Baby Lady Vi. I love seeing her learn new things,  but part of me wants her to stay my baby. I wonder if this ever changes? I wonder if my mum thinks the same thing about me now?

The last three years have been the most challenging, the most rewarding, the most exciting and perhaps above all the most tiring time in my life. When I look back I literally cannot believe we made it. Of course we had (and have) loads of support from my family and friends and from Jeffrey and from Jeffrey's family, who now are our family.

Our family may not be the stuff of Norman Rockwell paintings but Violet is and always has been surrounded by so many people who love her. I've spent a lot of time thinking about that today and I feel so thankful.

Vi and I have always been a good team and now with Jeffrey we are a great one.

{the final cupcakes of our birthday season enjoyed in celebration of Violet by family and friends who are family}






No comments:

Post a Comment