Friday, October 18, 2013

short weeks are best


The week before last we met up with my friend Amelia and her family at the market. How cute are those little girls? There is something about a pumpkin that makes mums everywhere think, "I have to take a photo right now"! I am no exception, so in addition to pumpkin based baking (1/2) please excuse the proliferation of the cutest vegetable around. 'Tis the season.

My week seemed at once short and long, yours? We had guests, which makes the time fly, but I always find short-work weeks feel strangely long. I think it is because I build them up as the best thing since sliced bread and then I still have to work four whole days. (Poor me, huh. Complaining about a four day work week even though I have a job I love!)

We have a low-key weekend in store. We're heading to Lunenburg tomorrow, which will be awesome. I love the little shops and the sweet restaurants there and we'll get to see a friend, but other than that we don't have much planned - just play dates and family snuggles. (Full disclosure: Jeff has not approved the family snuggle plan, but I'll work on it.) I just heard the sun is supposed to shine tomorrow, which will be welcome relief after the deluge of the past 48 hours.

What are you up to this weekend? Anything exciting going on that you forgot to invite me to? ;)

Have a lovely weekend, friends!

xo

Em

Weekend Reading List

Jamie Oliver has a new book and I want it!

October 15th was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Even though I've experienced two miscarriages I didn't know about this until it was mentioned last night during book club. This affects so many women. Let's keep talking about it, people!


I knew not to microwave plastic, but I didn't know not to freeze it -- yikes! Hepful tips from Canada's favourite scientist. 
 
Food and math? An article written for my Jeffrey! (It also endorses bacon.)

Oreos > crack. #notnewstome

No comments:

Post a Comment