Monday, October 28, 2013

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies



Do you enjoy a cakey cookie? Cakey cookies are a thing, you know. I didn't make them up.

Hard hitting journalism here on the blog today.

Is there really anything more serious that the consistency of a cookie? Not in my world. Not on the day after serving brunch for 300 (more on that when I recover).

Anyway, back to cookies. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that is. So, one of my best friends just had a baby, the sweetest baby boy, and so I made her some cookies. What else can you do when one of your best friends has a baby? What else can you exchange for an hour of unadulterated newborn snuggles? Newborn snuggles are a rare commodity and they demand the best cookies in exchange.

If pressed I am a doughy cookie lover, however, cakey cookies hold a special place in my heart because my mum and her mum both made delicious, spicy gingerbread cookies that were as cakey as you can get.

The cookies I made today were warming in the same way my mum's gingerbread cookies are. They have a healthy dose of both molasses and pumpkin pie spice, so it isn't that surprising they remind me of gingerbread. Oh, and there is pumpkin. Can you really go wrong with pumpkin in October?

So there you have it, cakey-pumpkin-molassses-chocolate-chip-cookies. If you are among those who to whom this sounds enjoyable, you can find the recipe I used here.

xo

Em





{this was unplanned}



{and then there was one}



No comments:

Post a Comment