Friday, September 6, 2013

Out of the mouths of babes



Do you ever bicker in front of your offspring? Jeff and I do our best not to, but sometimes I just cannot help myself. I've never been one to go with the flow and if things are not proceeding the way I envisioned I can get a little testy. I'll admit I was feeling a little cranky when I got picked up from work today. I gave my girl a big kiss and then sweet Jeff and I began to argue about something or other related to the fact we can't eat warm food (pro: BBQ pizzas, con: no pumpkin muffins, and this is pumpkin muffin season).

Okay, argue is probably overstating the drama involved in our conversation. We were really just talking, but not overly nicely, to one another. Somewhere mid-bicker Violet spoke up. What you are about to read doesn't necessarily make me proud, but it does make me laugh. From the back seat Violet yelled, "Shut-up you two, you're grown-ups!" She wasn't angry, she was just stating a fact. Jeff looked appalled and I tried my best not to laugh, but I couldn't help it. We all started laughing, and although I tried to impress upon Violet that "shut-up" is a very rude thing to say, Jeff and I did, in fact, need to shut-up.

Out of the mouths of babes.

xo

Em

ps -- I blame Toy Story for teaching Violet to say "shut-up". It could be worse, right?

********************

According to the Internet:

Kids want you to talk to them about money

Could these speakers be any cuter?

Blurred lines catchy song, but questionable message

If it rains on Sunday here are 20 online talks to fill your time

Private school, for bad people? (Thanks sister-cousin Gill)

This seafood bake looks unreal

I would wear this dress everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment