Friday, September 13, 2013

have a terrific weekend!


What a wet morning! We are supposed to get tonnes of rain between today and tomorrow so we've already begun to batten down the hatches on Roome St. Violet is hosting her first sleepover tonight and she has requested a Cinderella theme. We're keeping it relatively low key -- I'd hate to set a precedent of elaborate sleepovers, but we're going to paint pumpkins, watch the movie and eat pizza. What's not to love about that?

Tomorrow Jeff and I are going to the valley for a wine tour to celebrate our friends' birthdays (hopefully the grapes haven't all drowned). It will be nice to have an adults only outing. I'm sure we'll have fun, whatever the weather might bring. What are you up to this weekend?

I didn't do "back to school" pictures for Violet this year. She isn't in school and she has been going to Suzie's all summer so it seemed a little funny to mark one day as the beginning of something new. I did, however, start this blog to document our family life, so future Emily, the picture above is your darling girl the year before she started big school. Doesn't she look grown up? She still fits into "footie" pajamas and you better believe I make her wear them. They are the only thing keeping me together some nights ;)

Have a lovely weekend friends! See you back here next week.

xo

Em

ps -- our oven works again! I've already made pumpkin muffins and I can't wait to try to make the recipe a little healthier. As it stands they are more like pumpkin cupcakes I'm afraid.

Some fun links for your amusement:

This ad made me tear up (and crave a Guinness)

How to read a recipe. I never knew how important commas were.

More on reading recipes (via Joy the Baker)

It is Open Farm Day on Sunday. Have you been?

I want to paint Violet's ceiling pink. Good idea?

You've probably seen this Jimmy Kimmel video, but it killed me!

Or wait, should we be mad at Jimmy?

No comments:

Post a Comment