Monday, July 22, 2013

Holiday Teaser


We've made it back to the mainland a lot browner and just a little worse for wear (note to self: do not take the 8:00 pm ferry with a preschooler, she will not sleep all the way home). We had just about the most perfect beach day you could ask for on Saturday. We visited the best beach in Canada and  confirmed what we already knew, that it is in fact the best beach in Canada. We swam, made castles, ate watermelon and either participated in or refereed various races with Violet. She is big on races these days. She is not so big on losing. Let's just say she won many a contest by the skin of her teeth, much to her delight.

The weekend was just enough to refill my tank so I can make it through the next two weeks until our proper holiday. I love what I do for work, but this time of year it is just so hard to be inside! I can't wait to have two whole weeks off. I don't think I've had a two weeks off since well before Violet was born. We manage to strike a pretty reasonable work-life balance so I really shouldn't complain, but it will be so nice to really get into relaxation mode.

T- 13 days until vacation. After this weekend, I know I can make it!

xo 

Emily









No comments:

Post a Comment