Friday, June 21, 2013

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

{peony}
{lupin}
It is the longest day of the year. It is the first day of summer. The weekend is starting. My heart is so full. I was in Wolfville, my hometown, this week for work and I remembered how nice it is to be in the country this time of year. People's gardens are in full bloom, the sun was warmer and the sky was bluer than in this old coastal city. I love Halifax, but we get more than our fair share of grey days! In fact, Violet was colouring this afternoon and she choose silver to colour the sky. I thought that was rather optimistic! We are heading back to the valley tomorrow to deliver my mum to an all girls weekend. I'm excited to go back, pop into my favourite shops and grab some pie or ice cream at our favourite haunts. 

It looks like it is going to be a beautiful weekend in Halifax. If you have a minute say a little prayer for Calgary. I can't believe the flooding. Stay dry sweet Calgarian friends of mine.

xo

Em

{herbal magic}
{the original baby carrot}

{love paying for weeds!}

{I'm the only one who likes rhubarb in my family. I stewed some last weekend, and let's just say I don't recommend eating a whole bunch to yourself ;) }

{I love geraniums #grannyatheart}

Links:

Let's not talk like this ladies, are you with me?

Healthy chocolate chip cookie dough dip? Yes please!

The definition of happy changes as you age. This is why a movie and a thick knit blanket is all I need these days! 

This is the worst case scenario ever.

I'd take the perks of a high-tech start-up, calories and all. Mid-afternoon pinkberry anyone!?

No comments:

Post a Comment